I came accross this post from Buck Woody recently, and I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to try out SQL Server 2008 on a VM and serve multiple purposes at the same time. Well, even though my VM has 4GB of RAM allocated, the MAPS install fails with insufficient Physical RAM (95 MB). I’m not really sure how to get around this but if anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear them.
SQL Server 2008, MAPS and VMWare
- Ebooks, Twitter, and Contacts February 14, 2009
- QuickHitter 01 : SSMS 2012 Templates in a new place December 24, 2012
- Change Connection on Same Query December 5, 2011
- QuickHitter 04 : SQLCat.com whitepapers all in one place October 16, 2013
- QuickHitter 03 : Put some Windows updates in my basket May 9, 2013
- QuickHitter 02 : Indexing Powershell Scripts January 30, 2013
- Tapping into The Power of a Community for Collective Intelligence - Dell Software Community: […] out this blog by Jason Crider. And this ...
- elf: Thanks for the info! One thing I will note is und...
- Tapping into The Power of a Community for Collective Intelligence - Foglight for Databases - Performance Monitoring - Dell Community: […] out this blog by Jason Crider. And this ...
Active Directory Blogging Calendar Cluster Education facebook General Google GTD Installation iPhone iSCSI Life Links Networking PowerShell Productivity qsftProjectLucy QuickHitter R900 RSS SAN Social Media Sports NonTech SQL SQL Server SQL Server 2000 SQL Server 2005 SQL Server 2008 SQL Server 2012 SSIS SSMS Storage Tech Training Troubleshooter Windows Windows 7 Windows Server WordPress
Follow @jasoncrider on Twitter